Preparing for Childbirth and Baby
This class is designed for women and couples expecting their first baby or for parents that have not taken a childbirth class before or desire a refresher.
This class will give you a comprehensive look at the entire childbirth process from the beginning to the newborn.
Topics covered in this class include:
- What to expect during the third trimester and time prior to labor
- Stages of labor (How Mom’s body changes physically and emotionally leading up to baby’s arrival)
- Natural comfort techniques and measures (positioning, breathing, visualization, use of birth props)
- Medical Interventions and Medications (including preparing for and discussing a Cesarean Birth)
- Post partum care and information
- The Support Person’s role leading up to, during, and after baby’s arrival.
- What to expect from your newborn and early care information
- Tour of the Bronson Birthplace
This course was specifically designed for expectant parents who want a full scope of information and a learning environment that is small, comfortable, and encouraging. Your educator will give you the most up to date information, and help you to feel confident and empowered. You will know your options, as well as what to expect in the delivery room from your body, your environment, and your provider. This class is best taken in the third trimester or the end of the second, going into the third trimester, so information is fresh.
Kristina Ledlow is a certified childbirth educator, birth doula, and postpartum doula. She is the Patient Educator at OB-GYN, P.C. and is also the Perinatal Emotional Support Program Coordinator at Bronson Hospital.She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree from Western Michigan University and received her childbirth training from the International Childbirth Education Association. Kristina is also the co-chair of the Kalamazoo Perinatal Mood Disorder Coalition and sits on the board of the Michigan Statewide Perinatal Mood Disorder Coalition.
2854 South 11th Street, Kalamazoo
Bronson Methodist Hospital
Bronson Birthplace, North Pavilion, 601 John St, Kalamazoo
April 23, 30, May 7, 14, 21, 28, June 4 (tour of the Bronson Birthplace)
June 11, 18, 25, July 9, 16, 23, 30 (tour of the Bronson Birthplace)
Tickets are sold out.
August 6, 13, 20, 27, September 10, 17, 24 (tour of the Bronson Birthplace)